As much as I love having more comfort foods in winter during the cold months, eating raw vegetables have incredible benefits for the body. I often tell my clients, if you are about to eat a burger, start with a salad, large glass of water or a piece of fruit. The truth is – it`s not easy to eat healthy at all times but it is definitely worth it once you do it. You will feel more energy, lose weight, clearer skin, improved brain function and more.
Even though it is winter and during those cold months we are tempted to have more grounding and warming foods, eating raw vegetables can be incredibly beneficial. This simple winter vegetable salad recipe is a perfect appetizer idea or a snack if you wish. Or add protein to it and it`s great for lunch!
- 1 raw beet
- 1 carrot
- 1 green zucchini
- Parsley, 1 bunch
- 2 cups mixed greens
- ⅓ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp juice of fresh orange
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Spiralize carrots, zucchini and beet
- In a plate place mixed greens and top with spiraled vegetables
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds
- Top with a few fresh parsley leaves
- In a bowl mix mustard, orange juice and olive oil and mix until well
- Pour dressing over salad and enjoy!