Valentine’s Day is always fun and every year I try to be more creative and come up with a healthier recipe for my surprise treat. Of course, I can never go wrong with pancakes or chocolate but a little mystery is more fun!
I have made raw truffles a few times before and they are so great! Creamy, sticky and chocolatey.. I always end up making a huge batch and take them to-go as a snack in my bag – win win!
All you need for this recipe is a food processor and some nuts, raw chocolate and dates to make the basic version. Of course you can always upgrade it and make it a bit fancier but the main ingredients will stay the same. Making your own homemade dessert is a great way to eat more nutritious foods like dates. They are packed with nutrients and vitamins and are considered a superfood. These chocolate truffles are
refined sugar free
easy to make
and they melt in your mouth.
They make perfect gifts to your loved ones! Just get some little boxes (I got these) and pack them away! Don’t forget to keep them refrigerated and enjoy within the next 5 days!
I hope you Valentine’s Day is as sweet as these Vegan Chocolate Truffles and let me know what you think in the comments below!
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- toppings for rolling - I used chia seeds, cacao powder, puffed amaranth and shredded coconut
- Place nuts in a food processor and pulse until crushed
- Add raw cacao and pulse a few more times
- Add pitted dates to the mixture and process until the mixture is sticking together and is evenly mixed
- With your hands roll little ball size truffles and place on a plate
- Roll each truffle in different topping
- Keep refrigerated up to 5 days