Yesterday, I was craving a rich chocolate dessert which is how this delicious vegan chocolate maca smoothie came to life. As most of you know, I am currently expecting my first born and pregnancy cravings rule my life. Chocolate covered everything is my jazz right now.
Maca powder is made of a root that grows in South America and is called a “superfood” for it’s tremendous amount of nutrients and health benefits. Maca is a shown to balance hormones, boost energy levels, improve sexual function, memory and increase fertility. So adding a teaspoon a day of this magical powder will bring amazing benefits to your health!
Are you a chocolate lover too? Leave a comment below and let me know what is ruling your world right now! As always, I love to hear from you!
- 1 cup cashews (best if soaked for 3 hours)
- 2 tbsp rose water
- 1 cup filtered water
- pinch of cinnamon
- ½ tsp maca powder
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 5 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 large frozen banana
- Cacao nibs and fresh cherries for decoration
- In a high speed blender mix together cashews with rose water and filtered water until smooth.
- Add cinnamon, maca, cacao powder and dates, blend until smooth.
- Finally, add frozen banana and blend until it's smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately and decorate with cacao nibs and fresh cherries.