These healthy stuffed sweet potato boats are of my favorite quick meals to make. I love how baking requires very little preparation work and delicious it comes out. I stuffed them with crimini mushrooms, red onions, Mozzarella cheese and lots of spices and they turned out to be divine!
Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A which is essential for bone health and immune system. They are also a great source of vitamin C, manganese, copper, pantothenic acid, and vitamin B6 which are essential for a healthy body.
This recipe is very versatile and you could make many different variations that are still easy to make recipes – stuff with chicken breast or black beans, quinoa, spinach or chickpeas – no matter which one you pick, it will always be delicious! This was my first time making them and next time I will definitely try some new flavors!
Make these on a cold or rainy day and you will be in paradise plus your house will smell deliciooouuuusss….
Do you know somebody who will love this recipe? Share it with them!
- 5 medium size sweet potatoes
- 2 cups crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbsp red onion, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp Himalayan sea salt
- ¼ ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp cumin, ground
- ¼ tsp sweet paprika powder
- Bake sweet potatoes in oven at 350F for 40-50 minutes or until tender.
- Cut them in half and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a bowl, except for cheese.
- Scoop out the potato from it`s skin, mash it and mix it with the rest of the ingredients in the bowl.
- Stuff the potato skins with the mixture, top with cheese and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy hot and serve with a scoop of sour cream.