This delicious spinach and tomato salad is a perfect addition to your summer time meals. It is simple, light, requires only 5 ingredients and takes minutes to make – a total time saver for busy people. Spinach is an excellent salad choice and is considered as one of the world’s healthiest foods. Click here to find out the reason why you should have some every single day.
Spinach is a great source of vitamin K (prevents blood clot), vitamin A (good vision, a healthy immune system and cell growth), manganese (for strong bones), fiber and other nutrients. A cup of spinach contains more than 30 grams of calcium which is about 24% of the total daily recommended intake for healthy adults. There are many different ways you could add more spinach to your diet – like green juices, smoothies, quiche, soups, sushi, or your favorite breakfast eggs.
Are you a fan of spinach? Let me know what you think in the comment section below! Post a picture of your salad on Instagram and tag me in your photos with a hashtag #smarthealthystart so I can see your beautiful creations!
- 3 cups organic spinach
- 1 large tomato
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 tbsp balsamic reduction
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- pinch of ground pepper
- Wash spinach under cold running water and dry until no water is left.
- Toss spinach on a large salad plate.
- Chop tomato in small cubes and toss on top of spinach.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil with balsamic reduction and ground pepper, pour over the salad.
- Sprinkle pine nuts over the salad.
- Enjoy right away or keep refrigerated.