Yesterday, was officially the first day of summer and this spicy shrimp ceviche appetizer is perfect for those hot summer days. I always double the amount of ceviche I’m making because it tastes wayyyy better the next day and I’m a sucker for leftovers.
Ceviche is a light and low calorie appetizer that your friends and family will love. Serve it with some fun Quinoa Salad on the side and dinner is done! Living a healthy lifestyle doesn’t have to be complicated or take all your free time. It’s about planning, preparation and following through. Sundays are the perfect time to prepare for the week ahead – schedule your workouts and write them in your calendar, go grocery shopping and prepare your produce by chopping it all and separating in individual containers. Pack your snacks and meals for the next day so it is much easier to stay on track when you are hungry. Make this quiche on Sunday and you got breakfast covered for the rest of the week!
Serve this delicious appetizer with some herb crackers for extra crunch and you are all set. I always get mine from Thrive Market which is an organic online store with lots of discounts and giveaways. I highly recommend it if you are a fan of healthy organic ingredients, body and even cleaning supplies.
Do you know someone who will enjoy this recipe? Share it with them because sharing = caring!
- 1 pound shrimp (about 21-25), boiled and peeled
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 large tomato
- ½ small red onion
- 1 tbsp chopped jalapeno chili pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- pinch of pepper
- Chop shrimp, cucumber, tomato, onion, jalapeno pepper and cilantro in small pieces and place in a medium size bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients on top and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Enjoy cold withherb crackers on the side.