Even though it was my first time making this delicious treat, it turned out to be way better than I expected it to be. It was sweet and tangy, crunchy and creamy with delicious spices. It was almost as good as my favorite desserts like this Orange Cake or Apple Spice Cake. Almost. Either way, I would not say no to any of these, like EVER.
You will be surprised how much little work you got to do to make this incredible baked pear dessert.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter, I send out monthly seasonal produce guide!
- 4 pears
- 2 cups crushew walnuts
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmed
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- Cashew Cream
- 1 cup cashews (soaked overnight)
- 2 tbsp filtered water
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- Heat the over to 350 F degrees (or 180 Celsius)
- Cut pears in half and remove the seed with a melon baller
- In a small bowl mix lemon juice with walnuts, honey, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Fill the pears with mixture and place on greased tray
- Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown
- Meanwhile, place soaked cashews in a blender with water, dates and zest and process until smooth and creamy
- When pears are finished cooking, serve with a spoon of cashew cream and sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg on top.