This Raw Coconut Apricot Energy Balls recipe is as healthy as delicious! It is vegan, refined sugar-free and is made in less than 10 minutes!
Recently, I have been all about preparing and freezing lots of simple, healthy and quick meals including snacks. If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook you might know why.. I am almost 41 weeks pregnant as I`m typing this and am proud to say, I am ready for the challenge ahead of me. Past few weeks have been a bit busy around the kitchen and my freezer is PACKED with lots of goodies like these, SO many of these, and a large container of this as well. For all my pregnant mommas out there I highly recommend prepping lots of freezer meals that are super simple and quick to make after. It will save you lots of time and energy which is GOLDEN.
One of my newest kitchen discoveries is maca powder. Maca is a root that grows high in the mountains of South America, mainly in Peru. It has been used for thousands of years around the region and has lately gained lots of popularity because of its nutrient benefits. Maca root is known for increased fertility in both men and women, it balances hormones, boosts immune system, improves sexual function, memory, stamina and is a fantastic source of energy.
Maca has quite strong earthy and nutty flavor so you won’t need use much to enjoy the benefits. My favorite ways to enjoy maca is with oatmeal, chia puddings, granola, smoothies, salad dressings, and even in coffee.
If you are looking for ways to gain energy without adding caffeine to your life, improve your memory and immune system maca is the way to go. I highly recommend adding a 1/2 tsp to your breakfast for at least a week and see how you feel.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Let me know in the comments below! I always love to hear from you and connect!
With health, Ieva
- 1 cup almonds
- 10 pitted Medjool dates
- ½ cup dried apricots
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp maca powder
- Shredded coconut for rolling
- Place almonds in a food process and process until finely chopped but not into complete powder.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until well mixed and chopped.
- The mixture should be a bit sticky from the dates and apricots.
- Place a large plate next to you and spread a layer of shredded coconut for rolling.
- Sprinkle some water on your hands and scoop a teaspoon size mixture into your palms and roll into little balls.
- Place the balls on the plate and roll in the coconut until all covered.
- Continue until all mixture has been rolled.
- Keep the energy balls refrigerated up to a week, even though I doubt they will last that long!