When I was younger, I had a serious addiction to chocolate. Especially Ferrero Rocher. I could devour an entire box of chocolate in one sitting. Every. Single. Day. Sugar rush, you say?
Even though I don`t eat as much chocolate anymore, I make sure I always have chocolate at home, especially homemade/raw/dark chocolate. This crunchy nutty chocolate magic is my new best friend and I can`t go a day without having one. It`s so good you won’t believe it’s healthy!
Raw chocolate is packed with antioxidants, vitamin C, Omega 6 fatty acids, which reduce inflammation, and also lots of magnesium. Next time you are craving some chocolate, reach for raw chocolate nibs or dark chocolate with at least 80% cacao to get the most benefits.
And now, head to the kitchen and make some of these seriously delicious chocolate hazelnut truffles, you can thank me later!
P.S. If you have a mom, sister, girlfriend or anyone who LOVES chocolate and you think would benefit from this recipe, please share this recipe with them!
- 2½ cups of hazelnuts
- 6 dates
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of Himalayan Sea salt
- Shaved 90% dark chocolate
- Place 2 cups of hazelnuts in food processor and process until finely chopped
- Add dates and raw cacao powder and blend well
- Mix in coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and salt and process until even and smooth
- Roll the mixture into small ball and push a whole hazelnut in the middle of ball
- Continue until all mixture is rolling into raw balls
- Place the rest of hazelnuts into food processor and pulse a few times until crushed
- Roll raw balls into shaved dark chocolate and crushed hazelnuts
- Enjoy or store in the fridge for 3-5 days