I was planning a dinner party at home and of course I had to make something healthy. I always try to feed my friends and family nourishing and delicious food that tastes amazing but is also homemade and from scratch. No matter if it`s a salad, zoodles, or cookies – it`s always made with highest quality ingredients for best nutrients and vitamins.
This healthy dessert has a fantastic ingredient – avocado. Avocado is a great source of healthy fats that provide essential ingredients for brain, bones, skin and hair. Avocados are also packed with calcium, potassium and iron, all are necessary for sustaining a healthy and beautiful body.
I made half of cups with avocado filling and half with Greek yogurt. If you are aiming for a dairy-free option, feel free to substitute it with coconut yogurt instead. Greek yogurt is a great source of calcium and tastes great together with sweet honey or delicious chocolate. These raw chocolate cups are
easy to make
and perfect for a party.
- 2 cups walnuts, almonds, macadamia nuts
- 12 Medjool dated, pitted
- ⅓ cup raw cacao powder
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon, ground
- ⅛ tsp Himalayan sea salt
- Avocado filling:
- 2 avocados
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- Yogurt filling:
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- dash of cinnamon and nutmeg
- Place all nuts in a food processor and process until they are broken into small pieces.
- Add dates and raw cacao and process until mixed well.
- Place the mixture in a cupcake form and press the mixture around the sides and bottom.
- Place the muffin pan in the fridge to cool, about 30 minutes.
- In the food processor mix all ingredients for avocado filling and process until smooth and no lumps are seen, about 4 minutes.
- In a bowl mix ingredients for yogurt mixture until it`s smooth and even.
- Take the muffin tin out of the fridge and fill each one with either avocado or yogurt filling and decorate it with your favorite toppings, nuts or fresh fruit.
- Keep the muffin tin with tarts in the fridge until served.
For vegan option, choose maple syrup instead of honey.