I cannot believe October is already here and HALF way through! Where did the time go?! I still have so many ‘summer recipes to try’ on my list!
Though fall is my favorite season and I love how colorful the leaves turn, those crisp early mornings. Ahh love love love. BUT summer! Summer with all those fresh goodies from farmer`s market, shorts and t-shirts and banana ice cream all day.. Who can beat THAT?!
So, thinking of colorful summer and all the healthy veggie recipes, today is a great day for colorful quinoa sushi lunch. As much as I love the reaaaal sushi, this is my go-to-homemade-snack sushi. It`s easy, quick, delicious and so colorful. Feel free to experiment with different vegetables, dressings, fillings. It`s so FUN!
Do you like vegan sushi? If so, what`s your favorite combination? Leave a comment below and let me know! If you try this recipe, share a picture on Instagram or Pinterest and tag me in your photos #smarthealthystart! I LOVE to see all your creation!
- 1 ½ cups cooked quinoa (1/2 cup quinoa cooked in 1 cup water)
- 3 dried nori sheets
- 1 small cucumber, cut in long strips
- ½ cup carrots, cut in long strips
- ⅓ bell pepper, cut in long strips
- ⅓ cup purple cabbage, cut in long strips
- 1 stalk celery, cut in long strips
- ½ avocado, thinly sliced
- Few lettuce leaves
- Cook the quinoa and let it cool completely
- Prepare all the ingredients and place them near your cooking area so they are handy when you start rolling
- Lay a nori sheet on a flat surface (rough side up) and spread quinoa evenly on half of the sheet
- Lay the lettuce leave of top quinoa and lay the rest of the ingredients evenly, slightly pressing into quinoa
- Gently pick up the nori sheet (the side with all the fillings) and roll it on top of the toppings, slightly pressing to make sure the roll is tight together
- Tightly roll until the sheet is holding the roll together
- To close the sheet, moisten the opposite end and press tightly together
- After a few minutes, with a sharp knife slice the individual rolls in 2 inch pieces
- Enjoy with your favorite sauce!