The reason I love raw desserts so much is because they are natural, healthy, made with real ingredients and I can eat them and feel great after! None of that sugar yo-yo effect. No sugar rush following with a crash. Nada.
First time I made these, I was amazed how INCREDIBLY delicious they turned out. I can honestly say, raw key lime pies are on my top 3 dessert list! And believe me, I have tried some crazy amounts of delicious healthy desserts but this definitely stands out. So, put your apron on, get those limes rolling and be ready to taste something amazing!
Tried making this recipe? Let me know how it turned out in the comment section and share your recipe on Instagram with hashtag #smarthealthystart!
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 6 dates
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of Himalayan Sea salt
- 1 cup walnuts, soaked for 12 hours in water and rinsed well
- juice from 1½ limes
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup fresh coconut meat
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- Process all ingredients for the crust in a food processor until the mixture is even and forms into a ball.
- Press the mixture into pie form evenly and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Place all ingredients for filling into a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the filling mixture into the form and place in the freezer for 4 hours.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with fresh slice of lime and shaved coconut.