I remember my teens having Nutella and enjoying it so much. Sunday mornings and a warm toast with creamy chocolate spread was all I needed for a great day.
On the first day I got my new Vitamix I was SO tempted to make something right away and this healthy hazelnut spread was THE FIRST on the list (and I have a BIG list)! Yes, this is THAT important.
Roasted hazelnuts really is the secret behind this recipe. They smell like toasted, dark and crunchy bits perfectly made for fall. As I dream about having another toast with this delicious heaven..
After making hazelnut spread I was so excited how simple and easy it was, I decided to make almond butter with added maple syrup to make it more “fall” appropriate. My rule in the kitchen is that throughout October ONLY fall recipes can be made because it`s.. well.. FALL!! Hehe.. Just kidding.. (it’s actually September, October AND November.. Yes, I am a hopeless romantic).
It`s a healthy snack that can be added to cakes, cupcakes, toast, banana, glass of milk, pancakes, waffles, chia puddings and of course eaten with a SPOOOOON. Stop, I know I`m not the only one
To really find out what exactly I`m talking about, you GOT TO try it out. I seriously doubt you will have any left after just a few days of making it. If you try this recipe, please let me know! I love to see your comments and hear your ideas!
And don’t forget to take a picture and tag me in your photos #smarthealthystart on Instagram! I LOVE seeing your photos!
- 3 cups hazelnuts
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp Argan Oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees
- Spread hazelnuts evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes
- Remove from the oven and let coo.
- Place hazelnuts in a food processor and process until it becomes chunky spread
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth and creamy
- Store in tight container for 2-3 weeks
- 3 cups dry roasted, unsalted almonds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of Himalayan Sea salt
- Place almonds in food processor and process until it becomes a chunky spread
- Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth and and creamy
- Store in a tight container for 2-3 weeks