Roasted broccoli is one of my all time favorite recipes. Especially, when I have guests coming over because all it takes is one baking sheet, leaves no dirty dishes behind plus it`s ready in no time. I don`t think I know of a better combo than that!
Broccoli is one of the most nutritious vegetables and is also very low in calories. Broccoli is an excellent source of vitamins like K and C, great source of folate and potassium and fiber. Broccoli is also known for its anti-inflammatory benefits and having it in your diet regularly will reduce the levels of chronic infection.
For those who are not huge fans of broccoli – this recipe might change your mind. Roasting the broccoli makes it sweeter and reduces the earthy taste that it has when eating raw. Adding seasonings and garlic makes it so flavorful – even your kids will love them!
For a non vegan option you could add some grated Parmesan cheese on top in the last 3 minutes of roasting and enjoy the little crunchiness.
If you know anyone that would LOVE this recipe, share it with them. Sharing = caring!
And as always, I love to hear from you so leave a comment below and let me know what you think of this recipe!
With health, Ieva
- 3 heads of broccoli
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp of Himalayan sea salt
- ¼ tsp of red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Preheat the over to 380F degrees
- Wash the broccoli under cold water and cut of florets
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together except for broccoli
- Add broccoli and with your hands mix it well until all broccoli florets are covered in seasoning and olive oil
- Bake on a sheet with parchment paper for 15-25 minutes or until well cooked and soft inside
- Occasionally turn the florets to ensure even cooking