Oh my goodness. There is something about frozen bananas. Delicious, smooth and so sweet.
Lately, I have been going a little overboard with bananas and chocolate. Hence the reason THIS happened. Honestly, I cannot believe I never made them before! They were gone in DAYS. Not only they are delicious, they are also filled with many nutrients. Bananas are high in potassium which helps lower blood pressure and protect against heart attack and stroke, stuffed with almond butter (think good fats for brain work and magnesium for heart, kidneys and muscles) and dipped in raw chocolate (think antioxidants). Need I say more reasons you should made these?
And my FAVORITE part of these delicious banana bites – you can eat them frozen. So now, head over to your kitchen and get these babies going. Trust me, they will MAKE YOUR DAY.
Tried making this recipe? Let me know how it turned out in the comment section and share your recipe on Instagram with hashtag #smarthealthystart!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Shredded coconut
- Bee pollen
- Peel and slice bananas into half inch slices and place them on a plate separated from each slice
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes
- In a bowl, mix raw cacao powder and coconut oil until smooth and creamy.
- On a frozen banana slice, spread almond butter and top with another banana slice, press together.
- With a toothpick, pick up the banana bite and dip in raw chocolate and then in coconut and bee pollen.
- Continue until all banana slices are filled with almond butter and dipped in chocolate.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy frozen!