Even though it feels like spring outside, it still is wintertime, which brings us lots of citrus fruit, hearty and filling meals and lots of cozy times. Sunday mornings filled with freshly baked granola and hot chocolate made with cashew milk sound about perfect!
During the year it`s important to follow the earth with season changes and turn your diet towards it accordingly. Here is what I mean – you should eat foods that are in season near your location, so if you live in a place with four seasons in winter your body asks for more creamy, warm dishes that will satisfy you for longer (soups, stews, creams). Versus in summer salads and fresh juices make a great meal. By following the weather and listening to your body, you will feel more grounded, attached and in peace.
Follow your body, listen to what it needs and nourish it with whole, homemade foods.
If you`re looking for an after dinner treat – here you go! Raw hazelnut truffles that you won`t resist, so smooth, crunchy and chocolaty – you will fall in love.
Tell me about you, how do you adjust your body to the weather change? As always, I love to hear from You, so leave a comment below and I will be in touch.
- 1 ½ cup roasted hazelnuts
- ⅓ raw cocoa powder
- ½ pure vanilla extract
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Add 1 cup hazelnuts to a food processor and process until nuts are crushed.
- Add remaining ingredients (except for more hazelnuts) and process until even and everything has blended
- Wet your hands with water and roll the mixture into small balls
- Crush the remaining ½ cup hazelnuts and roll the balls in crushed mixture
- Store in fridge in air tight container for up to 6 days