Most of the days I love to wake up early and check off everything on my to-do list, be productive and work, work, work. Did I mention I love to work? Well.. Today is not the day. TODAY I slept in, watched TV, walked my dog Justin, had breakfast and watched movie after movie, scrolled through social media and did nothing for few more hours. In the evening, I did a bit more of nothing. NOTHING. NADA. And you know what? I liked it!
The other days I would feel guilty by ‘wasting’ a day by not accomplishing a single thing, not today. TODAY I let myself relax, take it easy and not get too hard on myself. Because, the truth is, there are days when I`m running with 150% and others with just 50%. And it`s OK!
It`s OK to lay in bed all day.
It`s OK to slow down and do nothing.
It`s OK to eat ice cream all day.
It`s OK to never leave your PJ`s for a day.
It`s OK to let it be.
If you feel like doing nothing today, this granola recipe might right up your alley. Mix it, bake it and done. Perfect for lazy Sunday mornings, sunny Fall brunch, or munch-on-granola day. High five!
Do you ever experience lazy days? If yes, how do you cope with that? Leave a comment below and share your favorite ways of relaxing and giving yourself a well-deserved break. I love reading your comments on all social media outlets, so share, share, share!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup quinoa
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup crushed pecans
- ⅓ cup dried shaved coconut
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ⅓ cup sliced dried pineapple
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ tsp nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 300 F degrees and line a parchment paper on a baking sheet
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together and stir until even
- In a small bowl, whip the egg until fluffy and mix in the honey, stir until it`s melted
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well
- Spread the mixture on to the baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes or until brown
- Let granola cool completely and store in air tight container up to 5 weeks.
For gluten free option use gluten-free oats.