Smooth, creamy and chocolaty.. Never ever I thought that it could be something healthy that tastes THIS good!
I have been a little fanatic about avocados lately and when, for the first time, I heard about avocado desserts I HAD to try it myself. It`s smooth, creamy and delicious. It`s great as a mousse, or topping for cupcakes, maybe even on a toast with crushed nuts and raw honey.. mmmm.. I think I know what`s for breakfast tomorrow.
Avocados are a GREAT source of heart healthy monounsaturated fatty acids which reduce inflammation and total cholesterol levels. This fruit is also high in vitamin K, folate, vitamin C and potassium which support healthy blood pressure levels. Avocado is one of the “superfluous” which means that it is extremely high in its nutritional value and is packed with many health benefits. Whoop whoop!
I love having this in the morning as it keeps me satisfied for longer and of course having chocolate for breakfast – can it get ANY better?
Have you tried adding avocados to your desserts? If yes, what`s your favorite recipe? Please leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram #smarthealthystart so I can see all your beautiful creations!
- 2 ripe avocadoes
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- ½ cup Medjool dates
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp almond milk (if needed)
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- Top with dried goji berries
- Soak dates in bowl of water overnight
- In food processor, process all ingredients together until smooth and creamy
- Add almond milk if you would like it creamier
- Let cool in refrigerator for 1 hour
- Before serving top with raw cacao nibs and sliced dried figs