There is something about the name macaroons – they always get me. These are probably the best I`ve ever had since I know they are made with natural ingredients and are way healthier than the regular French style.
For added sweetened, feel free to add a table spoon of honey or maple syrup for vegan option.
These little cloudy balls will definitely blow your socks off how easy they are to make and how great they taste!
And now – off to the kitchen to have the last one of these (they last no more than 2 days in my kitchen)!
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- Heat the oven to 320 F degrees and spray a baking pan with coconut oil
- Place the coconut in a food processor and process until it starts sticking together, about 4 minutes
- Add 1 tbsp of coconut oil and vanilla and process until even
- With a small spoon scoop out the mixture and form a small ball, place on baking sheet
- Place the coconut macaroons in the over and bale for 15 minutes
- In a separate bowl, mix remaining 1 tbsp of coconut oil with cocoa powder and mix until even
- Once the coconut macaroons cool down, dip the bottoms in chocolate and place in fridge for 10 minutes