If you know me for a while you know I am riding on a chia train. It`s definitely my go-to for quick breakfast during busy mornings. It is super easy to make the night before and is ready to go whenever you are in the morning! Have you tried my açaí chia pudding or banana with oatmeal, how about the chocolate one? They are definitely a must of you don’t have time to make breakfast and want something quick.
Chia seeds are ancient Mayan food and are packed with Omega 3 fatty acids. If you are trying to lose weight or are incorporation long exercise in your routine, chia definitely should be your friend. Add it to smoothies, sauces, water bottle or sprinkle on toast to get that daily boost of nutrients!
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1. Blend cashews with a cup of water in a high speed blender
- Mix the cashew milk with chia seeds and leave for 20 minutes until it expands
- 3. Meanwhile on stove heat up blueberries with lemon juice on low heat, stir occasionally until they pop and become creamier, add honey
- 4. In a cup layer chia with blueberry sauce
- 5. Top with fresh kiwi and popped quinoa