This raspberry chia jam is a delicious alternative to the store bought jams that are packed with refined sugar and preservatives. It is super simple and takes only 5 minutes to make! I`m HOOKED!
Chia seeds are definitely one the pantry items that I make sure I ALWAYS have. They are so universal to use and are a complete superfood. Here are some chia seeds benefits:
- extremely nutritious with few calories
- loaded with antioxidants
- packed with fiber (only 11g contain 42% recommended daily value)
- high in quality protein (by weight about 14%)
- contain high amount of calcium (for strong bones and muscle)
This chia seed jam is definitely something I try to make often at home as it is so versatile – I love having it on a toast with almond butter, jam and some bee pollen (in the picture) or mixing it with a yogurt or adding to chia seed pudding (like this one).
Did you enjoy this recipe? I would love to hear from you so leave a comment below and let me know if you are a fan of chia seeds!
- 3 cups frozen organic raspberries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp raw honey*
- Place the frozen raspberries in a saucepan and set over medium high heat.
- When raspberries start to break down, mash them with a fork to get the jam more even in consistency.
- Add chia seeds and mix well, simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add honey and mix until well, try to add honey when the jam is not very hot as the heat will destroy most nutrients from raw honey.
- Store in little mason jars and serve over a toast with peanut butter or chia pudding or your favorite dessert.